Breakin Ankles

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

TV: Sexual Innuendo and Old White Men

The other day, while flipping through channels, I got preoccupied with something and left the TV on the Food Network.
As I was doing whatever I was doin, I heard some dirty shit comin from the tube. "Now this is extremely moist and it's almost ready. Once we put this in, it will taste really good in about 20 minutes."

That same day, the TV also got stuck on the Golf Channel. I have no idea how as I am the farthest thing from a golfer you can imagine. So anyhow, these 4 old white men are sitting around chatting and one proceeds to tell a story.

Old White Man #1: I'll be honest with you guys, I don't really like foreign food. In fact, I don't even like trying foreign food. I enjoy good ole American cuisine. But I gotta tell ya, while I was travelling abroad this past week, I had some Thai food and it was really great! Really spicy too.

Old White man #2: Ha Ha. Wow Bob, that's very interesting. You know, I don't even know how to spell "Thai"! So you say the food was spicy, huh?

First of all, why is this on the Golf Channel? Second, how stereotypical a conversation is that for old white men who golf?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker