Breakin Ankles

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Music and Snow and a lame title for a post

Rap lyric I heard today, with a quick analysis: From the song "Real Big" by Mannie Fresh

" Is that a Fish tank bro in the middle of the dash?
Yeah pimp, but don't put your fingers on my glass"

Oh, sorry playa. I usually keep my Fish tank in the backseat, so I was a little curious.


I seem to enjoy many songs that most would categorize as girly. "Girls just wanna have fun", "My boyfriends back", "He's a rebel", and "Then he kissed me" are just a few examples. It's not the lyrics that I like really, but some songs just seem to be so catchy that you can't help but like them. Picture it: Me cruising through the barrio in my lowrider. Honeys to my left and baby mamaz to my right. I turn up the volume so that all can hear my cd player blastin the words "well he walked up to me and he asked me if I wanted to dance." I then proceed to lower the volume and everyone is in shock. A real gangsta has arrived, and people are just now realizing it and contemplating their next moves. But alas, it is too late. I have already made a mental note that this particular block is dead and, at this point, am already well on my way to A1A Beachfront Avenue.


Is there anything more grand than maneuvering through a huge pile of snow simply by stepping in the foot imprints of those travelers that came before you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker