Breakin Ankles

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

How does that song go?

Have any of you out there ever thought you knew the lyrics to a song you like, only to find out later that you're way off base. This happened to me the other day, so I thought I'd give a quick run down of some songs where I thought I knew what the lyrics were, but it turned out that I didn't.

Song 1: "White men in black suits" by Everclear
Initially, I thought there was a verse that went like this

"All I want to do is lose myself in your room
All I want is just to smoke up in the afternoon"

The song really goes like this, however:

"All I want to do is lose myself in your room
All you want is just a slowfuck in the afternoon"

I thought the song was talking about smoking some weed in the afternoon, when it really was talking about a "slow fuck" in the afternoon. Hmm... both are legitimate gentlemanly pursuits I suppose. On to the next song.

Song 2: "Fake palindromes" by Andrew Baird
I really like this song and listened to it a lot this summer. I thought there was a verse that went like so:

"Sooner or now we can get together
and we'll talk about the weather"

The song really goes like this:

"Some lonely night we can get together
and I�m gonna tie your wrists with leather "

Whoa. I was way off here! Tying wrists up with leather?? Hmm... not my thing really. I'm a tad more innocent than the Rican and Gold Nugget after all.

The last song I'll mention is called "Diamonds and Guns" by a sweet ass band called "The Transplants"
I thought there was a verse that said "Im shootin up on illin out". I thought that that sounded pretty cool. The song really says "Im shootin up, I'm illin out" The first implies that one is high on life -- sort of like "Hey, im shooting up... but dont worry, I'm not shooting up on drugs.. but rather, on "illin out" The real verse, however, is not so innocent.

Do any of my loyal readers have any songs they like but were way off on what the lyrics were? Hit me up and comment away bitches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker