Breakin Ankles

Monday, May 16, 2005

Feminists Unite!!

A commercial I saw earlier today:

A woman is speaking and the commercial goes something like this: "So I had this really big interview this week, but then it happened, ZITS!!! So I got some oxy pads which said it would clear up my face within 3 days... and it did!! No more Zits!!! And how did the interview go? Who cares, my face looked beautiful!"

I wonder if any girls find this offensive -- i.e implying that girls care more about their skin than an important job interview... or implying that girls main focus should be on their appearance. This almost seems like a commercial that would air in the 1950's.

Do I find it offensive? I don't really care, really. All I know is that the girl in the commercial was wearing a really nice shirt ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
eXTReMe Tracker